Here at 321 Kiteboarding we offer PASA and IKO certification in Cocoa Beach, Florida. Whether you are an already experienced rider looking to get a certification card, or a new student looking to learn the ropes. As a certified kiteboarder you will be able to rent gear and ride in locations that are exclusive to certified riders. You will also be eligible for Kiteboarder Insurance from IKO. Here is a look at what is covered in a program.
Your level will be certified with your IKO Kiteboarder Card at the end of your lesson, or you can move on to the next riding level!
Kiteboarder Level 1:
- Can determine safe conditions for training site and is able to identify hazards through a spot assessment.
- Can set-up the trainer kite* (inflatable or foil). Understands and can simulate use of its safety systems.
*a kite that doesn't have enough power to make the student fall
- Can launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant.
- Can demonstrate basic flying skills with trainer kite: control the kite on the edge of the wind window and use the power zone and specific flying patterns on request.
- Can twist and untwist the lines while flying and is able to walk and change directions with the kite flying.
- Can set-up 4/5-line kite with a full depower system including pre-flight checks and ground handling.
- Understands and can use the international communication signs.
- Can assist for launching and landing. Can launch and land the kite to an assistant (4/5-line depower kite).
- Can control the kite hooked into the harness, understands the depower system and can use the safety systems.
- Can demonstrate advanced flying skills with the depower kite (foil or inflatable that can easily be relaunched from the water), showing full control of depower systems in flight.
- Can recover the bar and kite, can perform kite self landing.
- Can enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite.
- Can water relaunch a kite.
- Can perform first bodydrag.
Kiteboarder Level 2:
- Can bodydrag downwind showing an understanding of the correct kite position in the wind window.
- Can show change of direction to the left and right when bodydragging, using correct kite positioning.
- Can recover the kite and bar in the water.
- Can recover board by bodydragging.
- Can bodydrag one handed and use the board to bodydrag upwind.
- Can enter and exit at the same point body dragging.
- Is able to demonstrate the power stroke as for a water start.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of weather forecast, tidal- and wind effects.
- Can determine the wind strength, direction and quality.
- Knows the right of way rules.
- Knows how to set up a board and ability to choose the right type for specific conditions.
- Knows safety rules and theory for water start.
- Is able to choose and maintain riding direction.
Kiteboarder Level 3:
- Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for the water start.
- Can water start in both directions.
- Can ride a short distance.
- Control the riding speed and stop.
- Can ride amongst other riders and water users respecting the right of way rules.
- Is able to change direction without stopping.
- Can ride in any direction on request.
- Can demonstrate a self-rescue and full pack-down in the water.
- Snow an awareness and assessment of the risks for the area.
- Is able to self launch.
- Knows the theory and the safety rules for jumping.
- Can demonstrate and land a basic jump.
Call to schedule (321) 302-5663